Bhubaneswar: Aditya Birla Group has committed Rs500 core for COVID-19 relief measures. Out of this Rs 400 correct will go to the PM Care Fund.
“Given the severity of the disruption, there is a compelling need for a multi-pronged response that includes financial and material support, healthcare assistance and community responsibility” said Rajashree Birla, chairperson- Aditya Birla Centre for Community Initiatives and Rural Development
In this light, the Aditya Birla Group has undertaken the following initiatives:
- Contribution of Rs. 400 crores to the PM- CARES Fund.
- Rs.50 cr grant to FICCI-Aditya Birla CSR Centre for Excellence for Covid relief measures.
- To activate a 100-bed Covid-19 facility at Seven Hills Hospital in Mumbai, in partnership with BMC. This initiative is being spearheaded by Neerja Birla.
- Earmarked more than 200 beds for Covid-19 Patients across locations including Ujjain, Pune, Hazaribagh, Rayagada, Solapur and Kharach.
- Allocated Rs.50 cr towards supply of 1 million N95 masks, 280000 personal protective equipment (PPE), as well as ventilators.
- Commenced production of 1 million triple layer surgical masks and 1 lakh coverall garments with the support of the Textiles Ministry.
- Involved community and self-help groups in home production of lakhs of masks across several locations.
- Continuous and pro-active engagement with local communities and other stakeholders. This includes awareness camps across 200 locations and door to door campaign to reinforce prevention message as well as social distancing.
The chairman said, “The Aditya Birla Group recognizes that no contribution can be too large or small, given the enormity of the pandemic. Every effort counts. The Group will continue to extend whatever support is feasible to help fight the pandemic and restore normalcy.”