Bhubaneswar: Odisha government on Monday enhanced the Dearness Allowance @ 3% to 34% with effect from 01.01.2022 in favour of State government employees drawing pay in Revised Scale of Pay, 2017.
Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure in their Office Memorandum No. 1/2/2022-E-II(B), dt.3 1.03.2022 have enhanced Dearness Allowance payable to the Central Government Employees from existing 31% to 34% with effect from 01.01.2022.
- Now, considering the overall financial resources and fiscal target stipulated under Odisha Fiscal Responsibility and _Budget Management Act, 2005, the State Government have been pleased to release the additional dose of D.A. @3% enhancing the same from the existing rate of 31% to 34% on the Basic pay with effect from 01.01.2022 in favour of State Government Employees, covered under the ORSP Rules, 2017.
- This additional dose of D.A. @3% on the Basic pay with effect from 01.01.2022 and the manner of payment to the State Government employees as above is also applicable to the following category of employees covered under ORSP Rules, 2017.
All India Service Officers serving in the affairs of the State Government for which GA & PG Department will issue Orders separately.
Work- Charged Employees drawing in regular scale of pay under the ORSP Rules, 2017. Teaching & Non-Teaching staff of fully Aided Non-Government educational institutions those are covered under ORSP Rules, 2017.
The Non-Teaching staff of Universities who are in receipt of regular scale of pay & covered under ORSP Rules, 2017 for whom the State Government is bearing full salary cost. These also include teachers of Universities who enjoy AICTE/UGC scale under ORSP (College Teachers) Rules, 2019
- D.A. in accordance with this Memorandum will also be admissible to the State Government employees who were in service on 01.01.2022 but have ceased to be in service at the time of sanction of D.A. as per the revised scale of pay.
- The Additional dose of D.A. will be paid in cash and can be drawn in the Pay Bill of September, 2022 and onwards. Arrear from the month of January, 2022 to August, 2022 on account of the enhanced D.A. shall not be drawn before the date of disbursement of salary of September, 2022.
- The bill for drawal of D.A. as per revised scale of pay will be submitted to all Treasuries/Special Treasuries/Sub-Treasuries along with the pay bill for the month of September, 2022 and onwards.
- The term “Basic Pay” in the revised pay structure means the pay drawn in the prescribed level in the Pay Matrix but does not include any other type of pay like Special Pay.