Bhubaneswar: Chief minister Naveen Patnaik launched 27 industrial projects worth Rs 8938. 81 crore at a special function through video conferencing, here on Saturday.
Out of these 27 projects, five projects were inaugurated and other 22 were for ground breaking. The project value of all the ventures is will create employment opportunity for about 12,142 persons.
Speaking on the occasion, the chief minister said, “Odisha has a vision of becoming one of the top three investment destinations in the country in terms of grounded investments. It is heartening to note that Odisha has emerged as the number one State in the country attracting 18% of the total investment during April-September period of 2019.”
Patnaik said, ” Our focus should be on quick grounding of these industrial projects.
Towards achieving transformation at all levels, we have devised the 5T strategy, which will be achieved through Teamwork, Transparency and Technology enablers in a Time-bound manner. The strategy of the State Government is already witnessing encouraging results towards industrial development of the State.”
“In exactly one year from today, we will organise the Make in Odisha Conclave 2020. Let’s all work together to make it the greatest investment summit ever organised by any State in the country”, the chief minister said and invited the global business community to join at the summit from November 30 to December 04, 2020.
Patnaik congratulated the promoters of the 27 projects and assured them full support of the government.
He said, “These projects will usher in the next era of industrial growth and will contribute towards the vision of an industrially prosperous Odisha.”
The chief minister inaugurated the projects of OCL India, Omjay EV, Pro-minerals, Shree Cement Ltd. and Suraj Products.
1. Omjay EV: Bharat motors are setting up its electric vehicle assembly plant at Jajpur. This is a first of its kind of e-vehicle project in the state with the latest technology. The unit is set up with an investment of 52.41 with an employment potential of 122 persons.
2. OCL India Ltd, one of the oldest companies of Odisha, is coming up with an additional investment of 1,994.98 cr at Rajgangpur providing employment to 365 persons.
3. Shree Cement Ltd, a reputed cement manufacturing company, is setting up a 3 MTPA Cement grinding unit with an investment of Rs.452.55 Crore and will provide employment opportunity to 243 persons.
4. Pro-minerals, now part of Essel Mining, is now expanding its activity from mining to pellet production and cutting down the mining pollution load, with an investment of Rs.283.97Crore at Basantpur, Keonjhar and will provide employment opportunity to 192 persons
5. Suraj Products: is diversifying its business from sponge iron to steel making. The plant at Rajgangpur has been set up with an investment of Rs.50.25Crore and will provide employment opportunity to 196 persons
He graced the ground breaking ceremonis of 22 projects. The projects are by :Aditya Birla Renewable, Agrasen Sponge, Anand Glass, Hindalco Industries, Chemflo Industries, Deo Residency and Resorts, Gopu Hill View Resort, Highland Agro, Ionx Fab India,Jayashree Enterprises,J.M Industries, Kalinga Alloys, Kasturi Flour Mill,Om Oil &Flour Mills, Page Industries, Rashmi Enterprises, RND Laboratories, Shoukeen Industries, Shree Sai Enterprises, Suguna Foods, Swosti Vaccation Club and Utkal Feeds.
The chief minister on this occasion launched a new website for Odisha Film Development Corporation and the 365-day countdown to Make-in-Odisha Conclave 2020. Industries minister Dibya Shankar Mishra, chief secretary Asit Tripathy, development commissioner Suresh Chandra Mohapatra and industries secretary Hemant Sharma were present.