Mumbai: Reliance Industries Ltd. (RIL) has dedicated a hospital for the Coronavirus patients. This is the first dedicated COVID-19 hospital in the country.
In a short time-span of just two weeks, Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital in collaboration with the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), has set up a dedicated 100 bedded centre at Seven Hills Hospital, Mumbai for patients who test positive for Covid-19. This first-of-its-kind-in-India centre is fully funded by Reliance Foundation and includes a negative pressure room that helps in preventing cross contamination and helps control infection. All beds are equipped with the required infrastructure, bio medical equipment such as ventilators, pacemakers, dialysis machine and patient monitoring devices.
Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital, a world-class healthcare institution in Mumbai, has also offered to set up special medical facilities to quarantine travellers from notified countries and suspected cases identified through contact tracing. This will quickly augment additional facilities for isolation and treatment of infected patients.
RIL has already initiated a multi-pronged prevention, mitigation, and ongoing support strategy that is comprehensive, sustainable, and resilient. This approach can be ramped up further to scale as required by the nation, said a company press release.
RIL has deployed the combined strengths of Reliance Foundation, Reliance Retail, Jio, Reliance Life Sciences, Reliance Industries, and all the 6,00,000 members of the Reliance Family on this action plan against COVID-19.
The key elements of the action plan include the following:
- Free Meals in Various Cities: Reliance Foundation will provide free meals to people across various cities in partnership with NGOs to offer necessary livelihood relief in the current crisis situation. 2Isolation 2.Facility at Lodhivali: RIL has built a fully-equipped isolation facility in Lodhivali, Maharashtra and handed it over to the District authorities. 3.Reliance Life Sciences is importing additional test kits and consumables for effective testing. Our doctors and researchers are also working overtime to find a cure for this deadly virus. 3.Masks and Personnel Protective Suits for Health-workers: RIL is enhancing its production capacities to produce 100,000 face-masks per day and a large number of personal protective equipments (PPEs), such as suits and garments, for the nation’s health-workers to equip them further to fight the coronavirus challenge. Besides, RIL has announced an initial support of Rs. 5 crore to Maharashtra Chief Minister’s Relief Fund .
- JIO’s #CORONAHAAREGAINDIAJEETEGA INITIATIVE:
It is imperative in these times for the people of India to remain connected with friends, families, colleagues, businesses, and communities while maintaining social distance.
To ensure India remains connected, Jio has introduced the #CoronaHaaregaIndiaJeetega initiative.
This initiative will enable Indian citizens to stay safe while staying connected and productive, allowing for remote working, remote learning, remote engagement and remote care.
Jio reiterates its belief, that as a country, we are in this together – JioTogether.
- World’s Leading Collaboration Platform
Jio is combining its digital capabilities with Microsoft Teams, the unified communication and collaboration hub for teamwork in Office 365, to enable individuals, students, educational and healthcare institutions to continue their professional lives while still practicing social distancing.
(i) Health-Care At Home:
· Symptom Checker: Enables users to check their symptoms right at home to prevent unnecessary pressure on the medical system and also provides continuous real-time updates and information on the coronavirus situation.
· Jio Haptik powers MyGov Corona Helpdesk: Reliance Industries Limited’s subsidiary Jio Haptik Technologies has powered the Indian government’s new WhatsApp chatbot, called ‘MyGov Corona Helpdesk‘ to help address queries around the Coronavirus outbreak and disseminate verified information. This Chatbot has been developed by Jio Haptik for the Government as per their requirement, free of cost, and updated on real time. Medical consultation, right at home by connecting with physicians and doctors in real-time. Enables simple, secure collaboration and communication with chat, video, voice, and healthcare tools in a single hub. Communicate patient updates in real time through connections to electronic health records, business and office apps
(ii) Learn From Home:
· To enable students and teachers to go beyond video calling to scheduling classroom sessions, document and screen sharing and informal chat channels for real-time doubt clarification
· Providing a communications hub for all lessons in a school year, with free storage available for individuals and teams
(iii) Work From Home:
- To enable consumers to hold remote audio and video meetings, have collaborative conversations and share files
- Boost productivity with meeting recording, screen sharing and remote collaboration on documents
- One-stop solution for all communication needs, with unlimited messaging, scheduling, chat and search app capabilities.