Bhubaneswar : Amidst war against Covid-19, the Odisha government has cleared six investment proposals worth Rs 9100.29 crore on Monday.
The 22nd High Level Clearance Authority (HLCA) meeting today held under the chairmanship of chief minister Naveen Patnaik approved two investment proposals worth Rs. 8850.19 crore with an employment potential of 5250 people.
In this meeting, Chief minister Naveen Patnaik announced to set up an inter ministerial committee to look into the issues of bringing industries and MSMEs in the current pandemic situation and recommend appropriate suggestions for bringing them back on track.
The ministers who are members of HLCA will be the members of the inter-ministerial group. The CM announced this at the State HLCA meeting which was held today.
Finance mninister Niranjan Pujari, rural development & labour minister Sushant Singh, steel & mines minister Prafulla Mallick, and minister of state, industries & MSME, Dibya Shankar Mishra will be the members of this group.
The HLCA meeting was preceded by the 91st State Level Single Window Clearance Authority (SLSWCA) meeting chaired by chief secretary Asit Kumar Tripathy, which approved four more investment proposals worth Rs. 251.09 crore outlined by industry principal secretary Hemant Sharma.
These proposals spread across sectors like Metal & Metal Downstream, Textile & Apparel and Logistics & Infrastructure are likely to generate employment for about 1275 people. This also includes an investment from a Chinese sports shoe manufacturing company.
The HLCA approved two investment proposals which included the following:
• The proposal of M/s. Dhunseri Ventures Limited for setting up Maleic Anhydride manufacturing unit with annual capacity of 60,000MT at Paradeep, with a total investment of Rs. 1013.29 crore providing employment to 350 people.
• The proposal of M/s Rungta Mines Limited (RML) for setting up an expansion of its Integrated Steel Plant project from 0.9 MTPA to 2.85 MTPA capacity, with Captive Power Plant of 385 MW and 1.69 MTPA Cement Plant (in two phases) at- Jharbandh, District-Dhenkanal with a total investment of Rs. 7836.90 crore providing employment of about 4900 people has also been approved by HLCA.
The SLSWCA approved four projects which included the following:
• In the Footwear sector, the proposal of M/S Niren Kumar Anand, for setting up Footwear manufacturing unit of capacity 1 Million pieces with an investment of Rs. 62.44 crore and employing around 620 people. This project is first of its kind in the state and has immense potential for further employment generation.
• The proposal of M/s Kashvi International (P) Limited to set up an additional 1.2 MTPA Iron Ore beneficiation Plant to its 0.6 MTPA Iron Ore Pelletization Plant, with an investment of Rs. 55.23 crore and providing employment to about 50 people.
• In a big boost to the State’s Metal Downstream sector, the proposal of M/s Purosteel India Pvt. Ltd is to set up a manufacturing unit such as tubes & Pipes PVD Coating, furniture fabrication, finished sheets & profiles, trimes plant with an investment of Rs. 53.42 crore providing employment opportunities for 200 people.
• The proposal of M/s Odisha Carriers and Trade for setting up three logistics Park cum Fulfillment centres, with an investment of Rs. 80 crore and it will provide an additional employment opportunities for 405 people.